SmarTeam is set up to populate my Solidworks Drawing title block with the originator, but it’s displaying the wrong information, it needs to display initials instead. What is an easy way to do this?
The answer lies in Projections.
So how do you actually change the projection? Just follow the steps below:
- Modify Projection for originator display.
- Open Form Designer.
- Open the Solidworks Drawing attribute profile card.
- Select the Originator control
i. In the properties section select the projection by clicking the button with the 3 dots.
iii. Now you have a choice.
1. Do I create a new one or modify the existing one?(Note: if you modify the existing all of the places that use this projection will change)
iv. If creating a new one it should look similar to image below
1. NOTE: The Query is a SmarTeam saved search and should be public so that everyone has access to run it.
vi. IMPORTANT: Select the attributes button to choose which attributes to display.
vii. For our case we will add an attribute that is currently not used form the User class (In our case we used Description since it was not being used)
viii. Now move the attribute to the top of the list so that it will be displayed first.
x. Click OK until back to projection screen then close projection screen. (Our projection change is complete)
xi. Save the form.
- Now we need to show the field on the User profile card so that it can be filled in.
- Open Form Designer (if not still open from previous steps)
- Open the User attribute profile card
i. Add Description to profile card and label it Initials
iii. Save profile card.
- Close form designer
- Open SmarTeam’s Integration Tools setup application so that we can change the way the Solidworks Drawing data is displayed.
- Locate mapping(s) for originator field.
- Change size to 3 (or size you want to display)(This way it will trim out data we don’t want displayed)
- Update SmarTeam user Data
- Fill in Initials data.
- Look at Solidworks Drawing profile card
- Mapped fields should now show initials, then rest of selected data
- Open Solidworks.
- Validate drawing now shows initials.