From Solidworks application try to start Macro Editor. Either new or edit existing macro.
Mouse would go to hour glass and then back to pointer, but VBA Editor would not open. Looking at event log there would be entries related to swVBAserver.exe crashing.
Tried repairing Solidworks installation – No effect
Tried clearing user registry settings for Solidworks – no effect
Tried logging in as different user – VBA Editor worked !!!!
1. Exported registry settings for ????HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VBA from working user
2. Logged in as non working user
3. Exported registry settings for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VBA as a back-up
4. Deleted registry entry for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VBA
5. Imported registry created in step 1.
6. Launched Solidworks and opened VBA editor successfully.
Thanks for visiting blog.inflow-tech.com. Please also check-out our web page www.inflow-tech.com