This fall SolidWorks will release Enterprise PDM 2015. There are some nice new features with this release, with a few brand new tools and some new features that users and admins will surely appreciate.
First of all SolidWorks is including the second generation web interface in this release. The web interface, unlike the standard web access tool, is built to run on multiple browser types and multiple operating systems. So if you want to search your EPDM vault from your tablet or mobile device, it is possible with this new web interface.
Here are some other interesting additions:
- Copy Tree is completely overhauled with a brand new interface
- Move Tree – like the copy tree except it moves files and their children
- Move permissions are now separate from delete permissions
- New column in windows explorer shows the user if the file is cached or out of date
- Bill of Material tab has been enhanced
- Rollback has been enhanced
- Parallel workflow has been updated to improve electronic signatures
Last but not least, SolidWorks has updated the licensing model for EPDM, moving the licenses to the same license tool as the SolidWorks CAD application. This should provide better control over the licensing for administrators.
More blogs will be released in the coming days, with details on some of the changes. We will also be showing some of the new features at our events this fall. Click here for event registration. For more information visit the InFlow website @ www.inflow-tech.com.