CATIA – Generative Shape Optimizer 2 (GSO) extends the wireframe and multiple surface creation features of CATIA – Generative Shape Design 2 (GSD) with powerful global deformation technologies. Based on exclusives smarts tools, CATIA – Generative Shape Optimizer 2 (GSO) allowing the user to deform shapes quickly and decreasing the time to complete the design process.
- Brings a new set of high productive tools to locally deform complex surfaces
- Offers breakthrough means in some specific industrial processes
- Transfers surfaces from a revolution shape to a plane one and conversely
Product Key Customer Benefits
Local deformations creation… CATIA – Generative Shape Optimizer 2 (GSO) offers several options for creating local, or global, deformations on a surface:
– BUMP : Relative to a specific point, create a surface deformation in the form of a bulge or hollow.
– Wrap Curves : Create a surface deformation based on an initial and final status. Statuses are built with networks of curves wherein each initial curve is associated with a final one.
– Wrap Surfaces: same logic as Wrap Curves above.
– Shape Morphing: allows to deform an existing shape through defined constraints This is very useful for instance for: 3D Late editing like Aerodynamics studies ; 3D Morphing keeping Functional/Manufacturing constraints ; Introducing Manufacturing Process based deformations within Generative Design (Design by Template) ; Conceptual Design
Process Centric breakthroughs… GSO will certainly bring a positive productivity gap to the Body-in-White community through its Diabolo Seat feature. This allows to create support seats for some functional parts. Furthermore, the “Junction” allows the user to join several surface sections (whether isotopological or non-isotopological) with tangency management. The ability to join surfaces in this way is a major productivity improvement.
Develop… This function allows the user to transfer curves between revolution surfaces and plane surfaces. This capability will be of particular interest to manufacturers whose products use revolution forms