ENOVIA Bill of Materials Management empowers product engineers to create and maintain a complete, accurate, and up-to-date bill of materials (BOMs). Today, most products require contributions from multiple disciplines including mechanical, electrical and software engineering. This increases product complexity and, therefore, the task of creating an accurate BOM and maintaining it as changes occur through the product development process. Enterprise stakeholders depend on an accurate BOM to purchase, manufacture, sell, and support products. ENOVIA provides a consolidated, fully connected global or site-specific view of the bill of materials, and a common automated development and change process to maintain accuracy. The result is improved collaboration, less rework, higher product quality and lower development costs.
- Streamline inventory management and costs by consolidating part design
- Arm users with accurate information so the correct parts are available when needed
- Leverage stakeholder knowledge and skills across the enterprise and improve time to market
Collections Developers in the Consumer Goods (CG) industry depend on innovation to stay ahead of the competition. ENOVIA powered by the 3DEXPERIENCE platform supports the collaboration required for innovation by managing the design, engineering, development and sourcing of product with a single, global solution.
Operational efficiencies and improved cycle times are a result of creating and managing products
- Manage the design, engineering, development and sourcing of product with a single, global system
- Reduce over-development
- Target innovation to opportunities identified in the Seasonal Plan
- Collaborate and incorporate the expertise of your product team with the knowledge of your supply chain partners
Consumer Packaged Goods
The Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry relies on a distributed supply chain to produce products. ENOVIA powered by the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, enables Product and Specification Engineers to deliver a single, accurate, up-to-date BOM and product data specifications to all stakeholders. An enterprise-wide change process identifies what is impacted by a change and ensures that any update is provided to the right stakeholders at the right time.
A structured approach to specification data management creating intelligent information for re-use and change impact analysis
- Deliver a single enterprise-wide definition of technical and business product information that extends beyond document management with structuring data and pre-approved reusable BOM components
- Realize economies of scale across a distributed supply chain through raw material and supplier rationalization
- Execute change order requests holistically with “where used” analysis to provide the right information to the right users at the right time
- View reports tailored to meet the needs of multiple functional areas such as change and BOM management
Engineering BOM Management
ENOVIA Engineering BOM Management enables product engineers to produce an accurate, up-to-date engineering bill of materials (eBOM) by synchronizing multi-discipline design contributions to produce a common view of the product structure and engineering bill of materials (BOM). The eBOM is then the “single version of truth” for enterprise stakeholders.
Collaborate globally on the single virtual product and solve issues in real-time
- Resolve issues more quickly using collaborative digital mockup reviews on the virtual prototype with immediate visibility of all reviewers’ mark-ups in real-time.
- Accurately track management of designs errors from identification to resolution.
- Turn brainstorming ideas into resolution actions on the associated real-time 3D design.
- Highlight critical issues to be investigated using slides, 3D markers, measures and sections.
- Analyze 3D design in real-time using technical analysis tools that reveal important details.
- Document multiple 3D reviews and validations without affecting the product definition.
- Access critical design information including functional tolerances & annotations (FT&A), 2D layouts and fasteners.
Collaborate on a configured BOM to reduce or eliminate BOM errors
- Define and optimize the product architecture
- Refine customer and product requirements and assign them to product features in order to drive all product development
- Control excessive proliferation of product or feature variants
- Ensure cross-functional understanding of product features
Improve new part introduction efficiency and reuse
- Bring industry-leading products to market quicker and more reliably by leveraging consistent company part processes and optimizing part reuse
- Respond rapidly to market opportunities by streamlining new part development for product definition and improvement
- Monitor part development business metrics at the company, project or product level
- Optimize the supply chain by supporting both internally developed and purchased part business models
- Improve communication and collaboration with global development teams comprised of internal and external resources
Collaborate throughout the enterprise from a single definition of engineering parts and bill of materials
- Consolidate part design and related technical document content from multi-discipline tools, into a single EBOM view
- Reduce cost and time-to-market while defining the enterprise EBOM by searching and reusing standard parts
- Build products right the first time by selecting qualified, approved and preferred components
- Reduce proliferation of components and improve component reuse across the enterprise
- Make better, more informed design and engineering decisions by leveraging EBOM and 3D cross highlighting to visually experience a BOM structure in 3D and better plan design changes and/or downstream manufacturing processes
Innovate more, raise productivity and get to market more quickly
- Provides mid-sized manufacturers essential capabilities to innovate more, and manage less
- Delivers real-time collaboration to develop product designs and bill-of-materials within the context of a project
Manufacturing BOM Management
ENOVIA Manufacturing BOM Management maintains alignment between the engineering bill of materials and multiple manufacturing sites’ bill of materials. This improves collaboration between product design and manufacturing resulting in higher-quality products and faster time-to-market.
Maintain global alignment between the engineering bill of materials and multiple manufacturing site bill of materials
- Enable product and manufacturing engineers to work concurrently to detect and correct problems before release
- Reduce the communication gap between engineering and manufacturing relative to production builds and their allocated designs
- Run reports with detailed engineering and manufacturing part assignment, supplier preferences, EBOM and MBOM differences between assemblies, and summarized changes over time
- Capture and plan physical end-item units early in the product lifecycle process