Provides the ability to generate and edit laser projection files to the shopfloor.
With the CATIA Composites Laser Projection 2 (CLA), manufacturing preparators can generate and edit Laser Projection outputs. It allows manufacturers to project the shape of the ply to be laid on the mold by the operator, resulting in a better positioning.This includes the support of major laser projector providers.
This includes the support of major laser projector providers. The Composites Laser Projection consists of two commands:Laser Projection Export generates .ply and .cal files.Laser Projection File Reader reads .ply files and displays their content in the 3D area. These two commands are launched from the Composites Manufacturing Preparation app.
- Define Target Points and Plies / Cores/ Cut Pieces to export
- Offset based on Core Sampling (Cured/ Uncured)
- Laser points control (tesselation)
- Visualization of the Laser normal vectors
- .ply & .cal Export
- .ply Laser Projection File Reader
Product Key Customer Benefits
- Downstream activities for traditional hand lay-up
- Composite Manufacturing Preparation associativity
- Link between Composites Laser Projection data and industrial laser projector system
- Fully customizable laser projection
- Large choice of Composite feature to export
- Mature positioning of Projection in the parts
- Generate outputs for Laser projection
- Export of laser Projection in .ply and .cal files
- Minimize development costs and prototyping, avoiding trial and error
- Ability of Composite Laser Projection Reader to display 3D view